Many new features are constantly added to the Instagram application, and the Notes feature is one of the latest features that can enhance the user experience, and Meta added it at the end of last year to allow users to share short text posts of a maximum of 60 characters with the ability to add emojis, and later allowed the possibility of adding a 30-second lyrical audio clip to notes.
Meta is currently planning to launch a new feature that allows Instagram users to create and share voice notes, but it has not yet officially tested anything, but it is working to give users the ability to create voice notes to share with friends.
Here’s more details about the Instagram notes feature and how to use it:
1- What is the advantage of notes on Instagram?
Notes is a recent feature added to Instagram at the end of last year, which consists of short posts of up to 60 characters that include only text and emojis.
Unlike short videos (Reels) and photos, your followers can’t see your Instagram notes on the app’s homepage, and they can’t be accessed through stories either. Instead, the notes will appear at the
2- How to use notes in Instagram:
After gradually rolling out Notes in different regions, it is now available worldwide, and if you use the latest version of the app, you will be able to access this feature. In recent updates to the app, users can mix music with notes, but this is only available in some regions.
You can start using the notes feature in an easy way, and it is only available in the mobile version, not the web version of the Instagram app, and to start using it, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and go to your inbox (DM).
- Click the (+) icon next to your profile picture in the upper left.
- Type what you want to share with your followers, and you can add both text and emojis.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can select who you want to share your note with. It can be a follower that you also follow or a specific list of friends.
- Click the share icon to post your note.
3- How to interact with Instagram notes:
You’ll find notes posted by others next to your profile picture in your inbox. If you want to interact with them, tap Their note. Then you can type a reply to the note with text, emoji, or both, and the reply will arrive as a message in their inbox.
4- How to add music to notes:
Currently, some users can add music to notes. This feature is currently available in select regions, before reaching all regions of the world. If you live in an area where this feature has been rolled out, follow these steps to add music to notes:
- Type a new note and then tap the music icon at the bottom of your profile picture.
- Browse the list of available songs and then click on the name of the song you wish to use.
- Select the section of the song you want to share.
- Click the Done button and share the note with others.